Blake Lapthorn’s Clinical Negligence department came highly recommended to us and they certainly lived up to this.
Miss O, Isle of Wight
Spinal cord injuries
A claim handled by our Clinical Negligence team can achieve compensation for your injury, and the long-term financial consequences. A claim will include the costs of care, physiotherapy, management of carers, personal mobility, appropriate transport, adapted accommodation, and compensation for loss of earnings, as well as an award for pain and suffering and loss of amenity.
Spinal cord trauma as a result of clinical negligence can happen in many ways, including the following:
- failure properly to immobilise a patient who has sustained a fractured neck
- inadequate handling techniques of patients with fractures of the spine
- spinal orthopaedic/neuro-surgery, including decompressive operations and tumour resection, leading to major complications
- injury to the vascular supply to the spinal cord
- compression of the nerves in the spinal cord causing cauda equina syndrome
If you underwent elective spinal surgery, it is critically important that you gave informed consent. We may therefore investigate issues of consent, together with full investigation by our medical experts of your injury and its effects.
Contact the Clinical Negligence team
Telephone us on 0844 620 6600
Email us at email@example.com
Would you like us to call you back?
Call us between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or use the enquiry form outside office hours
Or call us on 0844 620 6600