Accidents and injuries at work
“Just wanted to say a huge thank you both for successfully settling my claim. Considering some solicitors before I came to you said I didn't have a claim, you have restored my faith.”
If you have been involved in an accident at work that resulted in an injury, you may be entitled to compensation if it was the fault of your employer, another employee or a visitor to your workplace. Our Personal Injury team has lawyers who are experts in dealing with such compensation claims.
The most common types of accident leading to injuries that we deal with include:
- Slipping on wet floors
- Tripping over something, such as computer cables, boxes or tools left around
- Falls from height, such as from ladders, roofs, scaffolding
- Lifting something that is too big or too heavy
- Exposure to chemicals
Sometimes it is a clear cut case that the accident was someone else's fault, but if there is any doubt then you need expert solicitors such as those in our Personal Injury team to launch an investigation and obtain expert evidence about the practices or processes at your workplace.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their workplace accident and injury compensation claims because:
- We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK for handling compensation cases
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years of experience in winning personal injury compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to personal injury, which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- We have a specialist team of lawyers dedicated to personal injury cases
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
If you have had an accident at work which wasn’t your fault or your employer was negligent, our industry-leading Personal Injury team will deal with your compensation claim to win you the best possible financial result.
Related Knowledge & Resources
For those who read my blogs and articles, they will know that I am a personal injury lawyer with an avid [personal] interest in farming. So it comes as no surprise that farming accidents affect me deeply.
Judgment was handed down in the above case last Wednesday following the appeal by the Claimant Mcdonald that the Defendants were not liable to him for damages for exposing him to asbestos.
As a lawyer experienced in dealing with Noise Induced Hearing Loss claims I was intrigued to read an article on West Law from the Independent on Sunday discussing whether the recent increase in hearing loss claims are in the main fraudulent.
We take a look at the case of Yates v Commissioners, in regards to the procedure for the disclosure of HMRC employment schedules in respect of deceased persons outside the scope of issued court proceedings.
As a personal injury lawyer my work includes assisting people who have suffered noise induced hearing loss as a result of their work.
The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013: Does it really protect workers in personal injury claims?
1 October 2013 saw the introduction of an amendment to health and safety legislation introduced by the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013. Our personal injury team comments on its implications.
Our industrial claims specialists in our Personal Injury team, comment on the Mesothelioma Bill which has recently had its third reading in the House of Lords.
This was the question that came up in a recent case where an experienced, professional jockey sustained a serious injury at the first hurdle of the first race of the day in November 2006.
Our client, Mr R, was a farm labourer who had caught his arm in a potato picker in October 2010, who we managed to recover £27,000 plus costs in early 2013.
We acted on behalf of Mr N who was exposed to noise during the course of his employment with Stewarts and Lloyds Limited who are now part of Tata Steel.
Work accident leads to sever head injury for 21 year old man.