Delay in cancer diagnosis
“Professionally handled. Thank you.”
BL Claims Solicitors clinical negligence solicitors have had exceptional success in winning large compensation settlements for a delay in diagnosis of a wide variety of cancers that include melanoma/skin cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, bowel cancer, testicular cancer, ovarian cancer as well as many others.
We make compensation claims for a delay in cancer diagnosis when:
- GPs fail to make a referral to an appropriate consultant
- Hospital doctors and hospital bodies misinterpret test results
- GPs, hospital doctors or hospital bodies fail to follow up suspicious symptoms.
So, if there has been any sort of unacceptable delay between when you first complained of symptoms and when your cancer was diagnosed, our Clinical Negligence specialists will move quickly to ensure your compensation claim goes through as quickly as possible.
Our compensation claim for a delay in diagnosis is based on reports from our network of independent experts. BL Claims Solicitors make your claim based on what difference the delay in your cancer diagnosis has, and will, made to your short-term recovery and long-term prospects.
A delay in cancer diagnosis can also affect the type of treatment you need. For example, radiotherapy may be avoidable if your cancer is diagnosed at an early stage. Similarly, an early diagnosis of cancer may avoid painful courses of chemotherapy. Late cancer diagnosis can also lead to surgical procedures that may not have been necessary of your cancer had been diagnosed earlier. In such cases we will claim additional damages for your physical suffering as well as any associated financial losses.
We will also make additional claims if a delay in cancer diagnosis has decreased your chance of survival from over 50% to less than 50%.
Our highly-rated Clinical Negligence team can often continue a claim on behalf of the estate or family of a deceased person who was a victim of a delay in diagnosis of their cancer.
Our compensation claim lawyers are acutely aware of the implications of a delay, from the physical and psychological harm a delay in cancer diagnosis can cause to the potential for loss of life.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their delay in cancer diagnosis compensation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients and their families receive the financial and physical support they need as fast as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to clinical negligence, which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being in the premier league of the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
Related Knowledge & Resources
I recently spoke to a client who had screening for cancer. She had not been contacted with the result of her screening within the 3 week timescale. She didn't chase it as she thought "no news is good news".
The Portsmouth News comments on the increasing number of women taking advantage of free breast screening in the Portsmouth area.
West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust has started a review of the referral process for patients referred to Watford General Hospital with suspected cancer.