Privacy and cookies
What information does Blake Lapthorn collect?
On this website Blake Lapthorn uses Google Analytics and Trovus Revelations to measure and analyse information on visits to the website. To that effect we use your IP address (a series of numbers that identifies a computer on the internet) to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. We will not use the data to identify you personally.
How does Blake Lapthorn use this information?
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Help us understand how our site is used
- Determine which communications about us may be of interest to you
- Contact you where necessary if (for instance) you have registered to attend a seminar that we are hosting or have requested information regarding the services that we provide
- Administer, support, improve and develop our business
- Contact you for your views on our services
We may also use your information to let you know about products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and may send them by post, telephone or fax, as well as by email or SMS.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us that you do not wish to receive this information when you submit your details. Please note that if you do not opt out of receiving marketing material, you will have indicated to us that for the time being you have no objection to being contacted for marketing purposes, and this consent will override any registrations you or your organisation may have with the relevant preference organisations (such as the telephone preference service).
If you change your mind about being contacted by us in the future, or change address, or if any information that we hold about you is inaccurate of out-of-date, please let us know by: emailing: email@example.com or writing to our Business Development team at: Blake Morgan Group,Tollgate, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3LG or calling us on 023 8090 8090 and asking for the Business Development team.
Disclosure of your information
Some of the information you provide to Blake Lapthorn will be held on our computers in the UK and will only be accessed by or given to our staff working in the UK. Some of the information you provide to Blake Lapthorn may be transferred to, stored and processed by a third party organisation which processes data for us and on our behalf.
Finally, if Blake Lapthorn merges with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to Blake Lapthorn new business partners or owners.
Cookies, also known as browsers or tracking cookies, are small text files that are added to your computer when you visit a website. They help websites to perform certain functions, eg for shopping carts, and for tracking purposes.
At Blake Lapthorn we use the following cookies:
- Google analytics. We use Google analytics cookies on the site for tracking purposes. The cookies allow us to understand general traffic to our website for example number of visitors and length of time on site. This process does collect data, but in an anonymous form, to help us make improvements, develop the site and enhance the user experience.
- Privacy preferences. We use a tracking cookie, which is added to your computer, to remember your cookie preferences ie if you have allowed or disallowed them.
- Register for events. We have the ability for you to register for events on the website. If you do so this information goes directly into our database. In order to register our database adds an essential cookie (reaction server) to your computer.
- Member services. For areas of our website that are password protected then an essential cookie is added to your computer, which is then automatically deleted after your session has ended.
Third party cookies
- Slideshare. We embed presentations on our website using the third party site 'slideshare'. When you view one of these presentations slideshare will add a cookie to your computer.
- addthis.com. We use social bookmarking options at the bottom of articles using the third party site 'addthis.com'. When you add an article to a social network site via the bookmarks then addthis.com will add a cookie to your computer.
Shortly after arriving at our website we will add an 'opt-in' tracking cookie to your computer unless you specify otherwise. See above for further information on the types of cookies that we use.
If you would like to opt-in or opt-out of using cookies then you can use the button below. You can review your cookie settings at any time.
If you do opt-out then an opt-out preference cookie will be added to your computer, however if you delete all your cookies or use a different device then you will need to set your cookie preference again.
If this is your first visit and you navigate away from this page without specifying your cookies preference then an 'opt-in' tracking cookie with be added to your computer.