How you can minimise the impact of air authority strikes
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
I know all too well the chaos which is caused by strikes Last November, I had to spend the first day of my holiday in Las Palmas Airport, Gran Canaria watching the bag carousel go round and round and praying my bag would be next to appear. I should have been by the pool with an ice cold beer in my hand, but instead I was suffering at the hands of a strike.
I can therefore completely sympathise with those who may be hit by the news that employees are going on strike.
Here are my top tips for minimising the impact a strike may have on your holiday plans:
- Find out what the latest position is before you leave for the airport;
- If you can, pack as much as possible into your hand luggage and avoid hold luggage altogether. That way, if you can actually get to Spain you won't have to wait for luggage which may never appear;
- Make sure any airlines forced to cancel flights from the UK give you what you are entitled to under the Denied Boarding Regulations. For delays and cancellations you are entitled to care and assistance from the airline. Compensation is payable in some cases and the airline should provide a refund or offer re-routing;
- Have good travel insurance. Not all policies will pay out for losses and expenses incurred if the policy is taken out after strike action is announced;
- Take supplies and bottled water with you for pre and post departure lounge.
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org