Have you suffered loss and damage as a result of the riots?

Posted on

Who are BL Claims Solicitors

BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.

We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset

I was interested to read in the Telegraph that the Riot Damages Act may assist businesses and people who have suffered damage and losses as a result of the riots.

You may therefore be able to claim the monies lost from the police, as long as your claim under the Riot Damages Act is registered with the police within 14 days of the damage.

If you do have insurance, it may also be worth knowing that most insurers will only allow you to claim for riot damage if you make a claim within 7 days...quick action is therefore needed for anyone caught up in the riots. Car owners should also be aware that your comprehensive policy will cover damage to you car, but third party, fire and theft policies will only cover strictly defined damage. This may lead to the anomaly of someone being reimbursed for car damage caused by arson, but not by damage as a result of a brick being thrown or rioters overturning the car.

Anyone trying to claim under their travel insurance will also need to read their terms and conditions carefully as some policies exclude claims due to riots.

BL Claims Solicitors are here to help

If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at info@blclaims.co.uk