National Cruise Week 18 - 25 September 2011
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
Simon Calder of the Independent has used national cruise week as an excuse to explore the potential of mini-cruises, a try before you buy for those yet to dip their toe into the cruising world.
Whatever cruise you choose this national cruise week, don't forget to stay safe and consult a specialist travel solicitor if things do go wrong, either before or after sailing. Cruises can be very expensive so the importance of everything being just right should not be underestimated. I am often instructed on cases where the cruise company has misrepresented or failed to provide adequate information before travel. Here are my 5 top tips for staying safe on a cruise:
1. Avoid taking expensive items with you. While it is all too tempting to show off your best jewellery or watches and to have hi-tech electronic gadgets at your disposal, they only make you more attractive to potential thieves, particularly when in port.
2. If you do have valuables on you then keep them within eyesight; it is too easy to fall into thinking everything and everyone is safe just because you are all on the same boat.
3. Be sensible about alcohol consumption, particularly when spending time in the sun or in unfamiliar surroundings.
4. If you have an accident ensure it is fully reported to the ship's authorities, take photographs and ensure any medical notes recorded by the ship's doctor are accurate. Remember, if the cruise company is potentially at fault, they will want to protect their position just as you do.
5. Use common sense. A cruise ship is no different to any hotel resort you might otherwise holiday at and so the same level of vigilance is required at all times of the day.
If you haven't cruised before then maybe national cruise week will inspire you to make that booking; if you've already booked then happy cruising!
Solicitor - Travel team
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at email@example.com