Transport boss calls for "Century of Cycling"
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
The Transport for London Commissioner Peter Hendy has outlined a 25 year plan to make cycling the preferred method of transport for local journeys.
These ideas included:
- More improved cycle lanes and cycle friendly traffic junctions
- More cycle training, not only for cyclists but also for bus and lorry drivers to help reduce the 40% of cycling accidents that involve a heavy goods vehicle
- More cycle parking
- Easy to access journey/route planning information for cyclists
- Workplace and school travel planning to the cycling culture ingrained into daily commuting
- Improving the reputation of cycling by challenging misperceptions of danger
- Using green spaces to make more attractive cycle ways
- Improving integration of cycling with other complementary modes of transport including rail and bus services.
- In London cycling has increased by 150% since 2000. Not only is it good exercise, it is good for your health, combats stress, no petrol expenses and reduces the carbon footprint!
If these changes can be put in place I believe it will encourage more people to ditch the car and take to the cycle paths.
I am lucky that where I live there is virtually a cycle path all the way to my office, part of which uses green spaces (i.e. forest, path, trees then road). I am not sure I would be so keen to cycle if I was on the road all the way.
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at email@example.com