Top tips if you're heading abroad for some Winter sun...
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
1. Do not go without comprehensive travel insurance. This can be easily overlooked, particularly where you're looking to bag a last minute bargain. The consequences of travelling without good travel insurance can be devastating. If you end up needing medical treatment abroad or, worse, still repatriation, the costs can run into tens of thousands of pounds.
2. Consider booking a package holiday or a holiday with ATOL protection. This will ensure you have appropriate means of redress if you need to bring a claim should something go wrong while you are away. It will also provide you with the added protection of a complete refund or a flight home if the tour operator you are travelling with goes bust before you travel or while you are away.
3. If you are involved in an accident make sure you inform the appropriate local authorities. In many countries, where an accident happens in a public place you will need to inform the local police and obtain an incident report. Get details of all parties involved together with their insurers. Note down the full contact details of witnesses, take photographs and any other documentary evidence that might be available.
4. Familiarise yourself with local customs before you travel. What is acceptable in the UK will not necessarily be so well tolerated in foreign climbs.
5. Consider packing adequate supplies in your hand luggage to get you through flight delays or the nightmare of lost baggage.
Above all, slap on the sun cream and enjoy the opportunity of soaking up the sun as the snow falls back home.
Solicitor - Claims Abroad team
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org