How to handle the aftermath of a car accident
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
1) Check that everyone is ok. If anybody is injured then call an ambulance. If you have a passenger that is unable to move do not force them if they are unable to comfortably do it on their own unless they are in danger.
2) If the cars can be driven then move them over to a safe spot on the side of the road. If not then turn on your hazard lights, put a warning triangle up if you have one and call the police.
3) Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure you obtain their name, address, phone number, insurance company and policy, vehicle registration number, make, model and colour of vehicle. Also a description of the driver is always helpful.
4) If there are any witnesses that stop, obtain their full details.
5) Take photographs of the damage to the vehicles and the third party vehicle registration number.
6) File an accident report.
7) Notify your insurers that you have been involved in an accident.
8) Determine whether you need a tow truck or whether you vehicle is safe to drive home.
Car accidents are never fun but if you are prepared they become much easier to deal with.
Legal Executive - Personal Injury Team
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at email@example.com