Carers are Being Failed by Local Authorities
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
Of those who responded to Headway:
- 60% of brain injury carers feel they do not receive adequate support in their caring duties.
- Just 7% of brain injury carers receive help from social workers in their caring duties.
- Only a quarter (27%) of brain injury carers have received a carers assessment.
- Half (49.5%) of survey respondents were not aware they were entitled to a carer's assessment, despite the legal requirement for local authorities to ensure carers are made aware of their right to an assessment.
- Just 24% of brain injury carers are satisfied with their health. Conversely, a worrying 8% are 'very dissatisfied' with their own health.
- 18% of brain injury carers rate their quality of life as 'poor' or 'very poor'.
- 59% are showing signs of clinical depression with 21% in the severe or extremely severe range.
As a regular attendee of a local headway support group, and as a solicitor acting for people who suffer head injury, I see first hand the pressure that caring for someone after a brain injury can have on an individual and their family.
If you or a family member have suffered a head injury, contact Claire Howard, head of our Personal Injury team, on 023 8085 7313 or at email@example.com. Alternatively, please fill in our Contact form and we will call you back.
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org