Quad biking abroad - is it always such a good idea?

Posted on

Who are BL Claims Solicitors

BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.

We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset

Firstly, are you covered by your travel insurance to ride one. Many policies will allow you to drive a low cc motorbike but not a quad bike. If you are covered are you limited to off road activities only?  It is usually the case that you should have a full driving licence if you want to take one on the road. Check whether there are any age restrictions as you may need to be over 16 or 18 to ride one.  If you do decide to either rent a quad bike or take part in an excursion make sure that you deal with a reputable provider who is insured should anything unfortunate happen. Wear a helmet and make sure it is secured and straps are not hanging loose. It might also be worth asking yourself the question, would I do this if I was at home before you hand over any money or decide to show off your driving skills.   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204333/British-mother-Lisa-Darlington-left-fighting-life-quad-bike-accident-holiday-Ibiza.htmlLink 

Eleanor Armstrong
Associate - Claims Abroad team

BL Claims Solicitors are here to help

If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at info@blclaims.co.uk