Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Coronation Street storyline

Posted on

Who are BL Claims Solicitors

BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.

We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset

Thankfully Fizz survived, but now the HSE are conducting an investigation and considering a prosecution.

The HSE report on their website that they were involved in advising the production team on the storyline to ensure its accuracy.

It is illegal for someone to carry out repairs to gas appliances unless they have the necessary gas safety qualifications.

Landlords are responsible for maintenance and inspection of gas and other appliances in rented properties and I have also read on the HSE website about breaches by landlords putting families in rented accommodation at risk. And of residents in a block of flats affected by carbon monoxide fumes during refurbishment.

I also remember last year reading of the tragic accidents involving the family who had taken their barbecues inside their tent and the fatal result when their daughter died from carbon monoxide poisoning, and the recent report of a lady who lit her barbecue indoors apparently to dry washing who was also affected by fumes.

The message is clear – these are dangerous and potential fatal fumes and the risks are not worth taking.

Julia Prior
Associate
Personal Injury team

BL Claims Solicitors are here to help

If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at info@blclaims.co.uk