Injured on a holiday on the piste?
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
As the ski season is now in full swing, many will have returned from a week on the piste safe and sound. If you were involved in an accident, it is important to seek expert legal advice.
Skiing collisions are often compared to road traffic accidents, except that they happen on the snow and usually in a foreign country. This mean different laws and procedures may apply, depending on where the accident happened and who is involved.Skiing accidents do not just involve collisions with fellow fun-seekers.
Defective ski equipment, poorly maintained pistes and faulty ski services (such as ski lifts) can all be the cause of some nasty injuries on the piste. If you have been involved in a skiing accident, here are some points to think about:-
- Make sure you receive proper medical attention and are fully checked out, preferably while you are still abroad but if not immediately on your return;
- Keep copies of any reports obtained from the local authorities;
- Promptly report the incident to your insurers;
- Note down and save the contact details of any witnesses or others involved in the accident;
- If you forgot to take photographs and are in contact with someone who is still in resort then get them to go out and collect this evidence for you;
- Act quickly to obtain any further evidence you may need, such as the names of ski schools, instructors, ski hire shops or other individuals who may be responsible for what happened or who, alternatively, can offer their account as a witness.
Do not delay in seeking specialist legal advice on your return home. If you do not have cover under your travel insurance policy to pay the fees of a solicitor, then in many cases it is possible to enter into a no win, no fee agreement.
With any accident abroad, considerations of international law and jurisdiction will apply and it is important you are fully advised on your options by an expert in this area.
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org