The Real Horror Story this Halloween
Who are BL Claims Solicitors
BL Claims Solicitors specialise in personal injury, clinical negligence and travel claims, providing our clients with hands-on support, nationally.
We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK and believe in speaking to our clients in jargon-free language and ensuring you're speaking to a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
The problem is partly down to children wearing dark clothing with no or little concept of the dangers of walking on the road.
Therefore if you are participating in this yearâ€™s Pagan ritual, here are a few tips to stay safe:
- Wear bright costumes or use reflective tape
- Restrict trick and treating to well lit neighbourhoods
- Stay in groups
- Alternatively, find an organised event as this will greatly reduce the risk of being involved in an accident.
If you do not wish to take part in the festivities, be careful, particularly if you out driving over the Halloween weekend. Make sure you remain vigilant at all times. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident, here are some practical steps to take:
- Contact the police
- Call your insurer if you are driving your own vehicle abroad, or the hire company if you are driving a hired vehicle, advising them of the problem
- If there are language difficulties make sure that you ask for an interpreter to be present before you discuss the accident circumstances. However in most European countries, there is the European Accident Statement or 'Constat Amiable'. This allows the involved parties the opportunity to present their version of events and is a useful document to help determine liability. There is no real risk in completing this form.
- Make sure that you keep hold of any documentation you received following the crash since this can be used as evidence later
- Try and obtain details of potential witnesses to the accident
- If the accident is serious, you may get arrested in which case you should demand to see the British Consul or its equivalent
Hopefully the only scare story this Halloween will be the costumes!
For further information please contact Ian Jenkins, a Legal Executive in our Travel Team on 02380857311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BL Claims Solicitors are here to help
If you would like to talk to someone and discuss a potential claim please call us on 0344 620 6600 anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or if you would prefer you can email us at email@example.com