Ian Jenkins Chartered Legal Executive
“Ian provided a very skilful and excellent service in a most helpful and efficient manner. I was kept regularly informed and was advised well throughout.”
Ian is a Legal executive in our Travel team
He has experience in a wide range of travel litigation claims, but is particularly experienced in dealing with road traffic accident claims abroad.
Ian helps Brits in their compensation claims abroad. He also helps people from overseas who are making claims in the UK. In addition, Ian deals with contractual disputes involving boats and helps clients obtain compensation following boating collisions.
Just a few examples of Ian's experience to date include:
- Package holiday claims: successfully obtained £10,000 in compensation for client who suffered legionnaires whilst on holiday in Italy; also obtained £1,500.00 in compensation from the UK Tour Operator as a result of suffering from bed bug bites whilst staying at a hotel in Mallorca
- Slips, trips and falls abroad: successfully recovered €14,229.09 in compensation following a tripping accident in Belgium
- Road traffic accidents abroad: successfully settled a whiplash injury claim following a road traffic accident in Spain
- Illness abroad: successfully settled a number of food poisoning claims, including Salmonella, as well as claims for other types of diseases such as Legionnaires
- Contractual disputes involving Sale of Goods and the Supply of Goods and Services Act
Before specialising in Travel litigation claims, Ian gained experience in general litigation, employers' liability and public liability claims.
“Although going to court is a stressful situation it was made easier by Ian Jenkins' support and hard work.”
BL Claims have recently been instructed by a family in respect of making a possible claim for compensation for contracting gastroenteritis and ear infections during a holiday in Ibiza, Spain in mid August 2015.
Recently, BL Claims helped Mr S to recover damages following work carried out to his boat.
Articles by Ian
BL Claims was appointed by a family of 4 who wanted to pursue a compensation claim for illness whilst staying at a hotel in Turkey in June 2015.
In 2015 - 3 British tourists died from legionnaires allegedly as a result of staying at the same hotel in Costa Blanca. Legionnaires can be fatal, particularly with older people with weaker immune systems.
BL Claims were instructed by a lady in respect of making a possible claim for compensation for contracting gastroenteritis during a holiday in Benidorm, Spain
Related Knowledge & Resources
Tour operators have taken action against tourists who make fraudulent food poisoning claims abroad. The actions include banning British tourists from all-inclusive holidays or dramatically increasing the prices by 15%.
Our client broke his hip while playing table tennis due to a gap in the floor whilst on a package holiday.
How will the Brexit vote affect travel claims? Whilst the UK has voted to leave the EU, it is not clear as to what that exit will look like or as to how we will construe the laws that we have adopted over the last 40 years.