“Thank you for assisting me during all that time and for keeping me informed on every step of the process.”
When medical negligence results in damage to major blood vessels such as arteries (which carry blood from the heart to the cells, tissues and organs of the body), there can be serious consequences, such as muscle or nerve damage caused by blood circulation problems. Our Clinical Negligence team has the expertise and experience to make a substantial compensation claim against the doctor, surgeon or hospital body whose negligence has caused arterial damage.
The main causes of arterial damage arising from medical errors are surgery, interventional radiology (using minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases) and trauma.
If arterial damage, or its extent, is not recognised by the treating surgeon or doctor, and urgent measures are not taken to restore the circulation, the consequences become increasingly severe. Initially, structures such as the smaller nerves can be damaged. Later the muscles start to die and, without treatment, gangrene (death of body tissue caused by a lack of blood flow) will occur and amputation becomes the only option.
Our clinical negligence specialists have made successful compensation claims in instance where:
- Trauma is caused to an artery during orthopaedic surgery
- Inappropriate or technically inadequate vascular surgery is undertaken
- Trauma is caused to an artery during cannulation for radiological procedures
- Angioplasty of an artery is inappropriately carried out
- The walls of an artery are damaged during other procedures creating a false aneurysm which presses on the artery blocking the blood supply. In severe cases, the whole blood supply can be cut off to a limb or part of a limb. If intervention is not undertaken in time, this can lead to progressively worse damage, and ultimately to loss of viability of the limb and amputation.
Our medical negligence lawyers will fight to ensure you are compensated for any pain and suffering associated with an arterial damage injury as well as for care support, therapies, further medical treatment, personal mobility, appropriate accommodation and the effects on you social and work life. Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their arterial damage compensation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years of experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to clinical negligence which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
Annabelle Eyre, solicitor in our Clinical Negligence team, was recently instructed by Mr W to bring a claim in respect of negligent treatment provided by an emergency department which he attended following a laceration to his wrist.