“BL Claims were very good and dealt with everything for me. I would recommend them to anyone who is seeking help for a clinical negligence claim. I was given a lot of advice and they were more than helpful in every way possible.”
Birth injury can be a very distressing occurrence, for both baby and mother. It can be made more distressing if the injury was caused as a result of negligence by a nurse, midwife or doctor. If you wish to pursue a medical negligence claim against those you believe to be responsible, our Clinical Negligence team has plenty of experience in this area and will handle your claim sensitively as well as professionally at all times.
Our specialist clinical negligence solicitors have handled many compensation claims for medical negligence that occurred in the management of pregnancy, labour, delivery and post-natal care. As well as having lawyers who are dual-qualified as midwives, nurses or doctors in our clinical negligence team, we also work with independent medical experts to assess the standard of care you and your baby received. If such care is below an acceptable standard, we investigate whether that failure resulted in the injury that you or you baby suffered.
Examples of injury to a baby that may have resulted from clinical negligence that means you may be entitled to a compensation claim include:
- Erb’s palsy (paralysis of the arm caused by nerve damage during labour)
- Strep B infection
- Hyperbilirubinaemia (a condition that can causes a yellowing of a baby’s skin, commonly known as jaundice)
- Trauma injury due to assisted delivery – forceps or ventouse (vacuum)
- Problems with neonatal intensive care treatment.
Injuries suffered by the mother who may subsequently be entitled to a medical negligence compensation claim if medical negligence occurred during pregnancy or childbirth include:
- Significant perineal tearing / poor episiotomy repair
- Massive post-partum haemorrhage
- Pre-eclampsia/ HELLP syndrome
- Traumatic injury from assisted delivery
- Caesarean section wound infection
- Death during childbirth
Our team of specialist clinical negligence lawyers will handle your case with the utmost sensitivity and discretion.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their birth injury compensation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years of experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to clinical negligence, which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
A twin who was left brain damaged due to complications at birth has been awarded a compensation package after settling her case against a health trust.
A man who was left severely disabled due to a hospital error made while he was still in his mother's womb was today (November 6) awarded a £7million settlement.
Having a family of our own is a dream that so many of us have, often from a very early age.
Here are some birth related complications women should be able to receive compensation for so that they can benefit from the counselling and support they deserve after a traumatic labour.
The Department of Health recently announced that plans are in place to improve maternity care, provide more training to staff and to provide more funding to enable that training.
The event occurred at the Claimant's birth of her first child. Due to the high level of pain she was experiencing she requested an epidural. When the procedure commenced she felt the first incision of the knife being made in her abdomen.