“I was happy with the full service and the outcome of my case was satisfactory. I can not complain. I found it a smooth and painless task.”
If you have suffered an eye injury as a result of negligence during ophthalmic (eye) surgery, our Clinical Negligence team has plenty of experience in this area and will make a substantial compensation claim.
Compensation claims for an eye injury need to be handled by clinical negligence lawyers who are highly experienced in this very specialised and technical area of medicine, and that is exactly what our legal experts provide. We work with a team of independent medical experts to make sure that all the relevant medical and legal issues are considered before making your compensation claim for an injury suffered during eye surgery.
Examples of the type of eye injury cases in which we have made successful claims include:
- Optic nerve damage because of raised intracranial pressure (the pressure around your brain)
- Blindness because of failure correctly to treat diabetes
- Inappropriate cataract surgery techniques
- Inappropriate squint surgery
- Defective laser eye treatment surgery, and/or inappropriate clinical advice and patient selection for the surgery.
Our clinical negligence specialists will make a substantial compensation claim to cover any effects on your social or work life, as well as the physical injury or trauma you have suffered such as loss of vision or blindness. In addition, we will seek financial compensation to help pay for any recommended specific treatments or aids to help you manage your injury in the future.
If liability is admitted while the claim is in process, our lawyers may be able to obtain an interim payment to ease your financial burden and provide for any recommended treatment or special care while your claim is concluded.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their eye surgery compensation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years of experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to clinical negligence which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
Clinical negligence is a term used by lawyers. It essentially means that a medical professional has failed to provide a patient with an acceptable standard of care, and that as a result, the patient has suffered additional harm.
Should lack of regulations in the laser eye industry be a concern? Those who perform laser eye surgery in the private sector must hold a current registration with the GMC, but do not need to appear on the specialist register. Read our blog here
The 6th World Glaucoma Week is due to take place on 9 to 15 March 2014 in order to raise global awareness of this condition.
The claimant had cataract surgery to his eye at his local hospital. He recovered from the surgery but his vision deteriorated. He wasn't the only patient to suffer vision problems after having cataract operations performed by the same surgeon.
Claim settled in May 2014 for £50,000 for delay in diagnosis of olfactory neuroblastoma.