“BL Claims were very good and efficient. They kept me well informed.”
If you have suffered because of negligence associated with replacing a joint by an artificial one (a prosthesis), our Clinical Negligence team has the specific expertise needed to make a compensation claim against the prosthesis manufacturer, the surgeon or hospital body responsible.
Joint replacement surgery for hips, knees, elbows and ankles can have devastating consequences if any of the following occur:
- Prosthetic failure
- Infection of the prosthesis
- Injury to structures adjacent to the joint
Often these complications can lead to further multiple operations and significant impairment, disability, or even amputation. While there is a risk associated with joint replacement surgery, our clinical negligence experts will determine whether you were adequately warned of such risks when giving consent. There are some complications about which a patient should be properly warned so it is important to establish whether you were alerted to the potential risk when giving consent. Even when recognised complications arise, they are sometimes dealt with negligently.
Furthermore, we will work with independent medical experts to determine whether problems that occurred after surgery were dealt with negligently.
BL Claims Solicitors medical negligence solicitors have dealt with numerous cases where:
- The surgical technique of inserting the prosthesis was inadequate
- Infection occurred but was not identified, or was not treated within a reasonable time
- Infection was not treated sufficiently aggressively
- Injury occurred to other structures, such as an artery, leading to a disastrous outcome
As joint problems can dramatically affect mobility, especially in the case of amputation, we will fight for the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering as well as your financial losses including expenses, care, therapies, further medical treatment, personal mobility, transport, appropriate accommodation and loss of earnings, as well as the effect on your social life.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their joint replacement compensation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to clinical negligence which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
A young woman who had been prescribed steroid eye drops for uveitis, an eye condition in which the uvea, the pigmented layer within the eye, become inflamed, despite this she continued to be prescribed them over a number of months. Read more:
Our Client suffered complications after knee surgery due to clinical negligence which left him in unbearable pain. Read the full case here.
Annabelle Eyre recently achieved a settlement for her client, Mrs M, who instructed her following negligent hip replacement surgery.