Medication and prescription errors
“Just a quick note to thank you very much for all your help and effort. Everything you did was very much appreciated!”
If you have suffered illness or injury because of wrongly prescribed medication, non-prescribing of medication, or errors in the dispensing of medicine, our Clinical Negligence team has the expertise and experience to make a compensation claim.
Our medical negligence solicitors, that include those who are dual-qualified as midwives, nurses or doctors, have the specialist knowledge to assess how a medication or prescription error has affected your health and the impact it has had on the social and work aspects of your life.
Examples of medication or prescription errors caused by the negligence of a doctor or chemist are:
- Pharmacist’s error by supplying an incorrect dosage of medication
- Radiation therapy overdoses
- Prescription of a medication that is contra-indicated in a particular patient, or for a particular medical condition
- Failure to recognise symptoms as linked to known adverse side effects of a medication, and the need to withdraw that medication
- Failure to prescribe a specific medication that should normally be used for the patient’s symptoms
To prove that your injury (or in tragic circumstances, death) was due to a medication or prescribing error and therefore bring a compensation claim, we work with a wide variety of medical experts to assess your case. When necessary, our clinical negligence lawyers draw on the knowledge of care experts, employment consultants, occupational therapists, counsellors and others to determine the effects of your injuries and allow us to press for the maximum compensation.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their medication and prescription error claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to personal injury, which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
It was announced that the Cancer Drugs Fund in England will be taking steps to curb spending costs by proposing to remove various drugs used in the treatment of cancer.
I welcome the announcement by the Health Secretary, reported by the BBC earlier this week
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has asked for input from health professionals to consider offering statins to a wider class of people, with a lower risk of cardio vascular disease (CVD), than is offered at present.
A patient prescribed Erythromycin to treat a sinus infection. The medication was wrongfully dispensed which led to the Claimant collapsing in a supermarket.
Kym Provan, Senior Associate and head of the Southampton Clinical Negligence team, recently negotiated a settlement of £75,000, on behalf of a client who suffered from a significant blood clot and associated complications with post operative medication.
We successfully recovered £7,000.00 for our client who pursued a claim for compensation for clinical negligence against her local NHS Trust.