Noise induced hearing loss claims
“I would like to thank you for taking on my noise induced hearing loss case, I was so pleased with the outcome.”
The BL Claims Solicitors Personal Injury team has specific expertise in making substantial compensation claims for noise-induced hearing loss, also known as Industrial Deafness or Occupational Deafness, which has been caused by working in a noisy environment.
If you are one of the estimated quarter of a million workers in the UK who have suffered hearing loss because you work in a noisy environment, our expert team of personal injury lawyers can assess whether you are eligible for a compensation claim.
Employers have a legal duty to monitor the level of noise in the workplace and to protect employees from excessive exposure by either taking steps to reduce the noise level or provide hearing protection such as ear defenders. However, many employers have not followed the Government guidelines, resulting in noise-induced hearing loss. Our personal injury specialists, aided by independent hearing experts, have successfully pursued substantial compensation claims for noise-induced hearing loss in a wide variety of cases, most commonly in occupations that have high rates of hearing loss such as in construction, music, engineering or factory work.
Typical symptoms of hearing loss include:
- Lack of hearing in one or both ears
- Failing to hear the telephone ring or hold a conversation over the telephone
- Missing sentences in a conversation
- Struggling to hear when there is background noise
- Having to turn the television or radio up loudly in order to hear it
- Failing to hear the doorbell
- Constant ringing/buzzing or hissing noises, which can be a sign of tinnitus (a form of ringing, buzzing or whistling type of sound in one or both ears).
If you suffer from any of these symptoms and work, or have worked, in a noisy environment, our personal injury specialist lawyers may be able to make a substantial compensation claim on your behalf.
Our experience Personal Injury team deal with all types of industrial deafness claims including noise-induced hearing loss, Tinnitus and Acoustic Shock compensation. We will advise you and understand if you have an industrial deafness claim. We may be able to assist in bringing a claim if against a former employer, even if they are no longer trading.
Clients have chosen BL Claims Solicitors to handle their noise induced hearing loss compensation claims because:
- We have acknowledged expertise and experience in handling cases related to hearing loss
- Our legal team are dedicated to handling personal injury compensation cases
- You will discuss your claim with a qualified lawyer right from the outset
- We act quickly so clients get the financial and physical support they need as quickly as possible
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
As a lawyer experienced in dealing with Noise Induced Hearing Loss claims I was intrigued to read an article on West Law from the Independent on Sunday discussing whether the recent increase in hearing loss claims are in the main fraudulent.
Tinnitus is characterised by ringing, buzzing, humming, grinding, hissing, whistling or sizzling noises that appear to be originating in the ear or head.If you suffer from this condition and would like to speak with us, give us a call.
I was interested to read the LexisNexis Update this week as it featured a case on Noise Induced Hearing Loss.