“Thank you for the compassionate way you have handled this traumatic case.”
If you have been the victim or poor nursing care or a serious nursing error such as being given the wrong medication or receiving sub-standard care, our experienced Clinical Negligence lawyers can investigate whether there are grounds for a compensation claim against the nurse, their managers or the hospital that employs them.
Our specialist Clinical Negligence team includes lawyers who are also qualified midwives, nurse or doctors and can therefore provide the best advice on your compensation claim as they have extensive experience of the issues involved.
Examples of poor nursing care that can cause the patient to suffer injury include failures to:
- Prevent, or properly treat pressure sores
- Use bed sides appropriately
- Ensure that sufficient support is provided to patients needing to mobilise, or go to the bathroom
- Administer the correct medication
- Request medical assistance at a time when it should be apparent that this is required
- Check correct blood is being administered
- Monitor a patient properly, and to record observations correctly
- Follow safety procedures intended to protect patients
- Safely administer ear syringing
- Provide adequate antenatal care to a pregnant woman.
Our medical negligence solicitors will get advice from a nursing expert to investigate the standard of care you have received. If this care is found to be unacceptable, we use an independent medical consultant to advise on the extent of the injury caused and its implications for the future. This will determine the extent of the compensation claim we make against those responsible for your injury.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their nursing error medical negligence claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to personal injury, which means that BL Claims is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0344 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
A twin who was left brain damaged due to complications at birth has been awarded a compensation package after settling her case against a health trust.
Sam Ward discusses how being a nurse has helped in her role as a Clinical Negligence Advisor. Read more about Sam's role and how her knowledge and experience benefits clients looking to make a clinical negligence claim.
The Department of Health recently announced that plans are in place to improve maternity care, provide more training to staff and to provide more funding to enable that training.
There is a lot of talk of the NHS being in crisis due to funding - Patricia Wakeford explains how this might impact on Clinical Negligence claims.
Our client suffered a stillbirth that could have been prevented had the hospital Trust stuck to the plan to deliver at 30 weeks. The BL Claims clinical negligence team stepped in and helped our client win her claim.
Patricia Wakeford, Associate in our Clinical Negligence team, successfully secures a settlement for a client who suffered pain during Caesarean Section and Post Natal Complications.
Mrs G received £8,500 in compensation after receiving a burn during a hernia operation.