“I have been very impressed with BL Claims. They excelled in every respect and we now have an outcome that enables the family to see a closure to what has been a very distressing time.”
If medical negligence has resulted in the tragic consequence of an otherwise unnecessary amputation, our Clinical Negligence team has the expertise to help you bring a substantial compensation claim against those responsible. In such a serious situation you need expert lawyers to make sure you receive the best possible financial package as there may be long term costs that need to be properly assessed and claimed for.
Our dedicated Clinical Negligence team also understands that an amputation can be very upsetting and the thought of making a claim can be very stressful. Rest assured that our experienced medical negligence lawyers will handle your cases sensitively and quickly, making the whole process as hassle-free as possible.
Cases where medical negligence has led to a compensation claim as a result of amputation include:
- Accidental amputations
- Amputation complications
- Negligent treatment of trauma, including fractures
- Infected surgical metal work in orthopaedics
- Non-union of fractures
- Damage to major arteries during surgery
- Incorrect management of peripheral vascular disease
- Arterial trauma during cannulation for investigations and monitoring
- Failures in interventional radiology
- Failure to diagnose arterial damage or blood clots and intervene in time
In such cases, our clinical negligence specialist lawyers will work with independent medical experts to prepare the best possible compensation claim that takes account of any pain, suffering and effects on your social and work life. We will also make sure you are compensated for financial losses that include expenses, rehabilitation, home care, special equipment and, if appropriate, the cost of suitable transport and accommodation. Our substantial compensation claim will also include the cost of the best kind of prosthetics to replace an amputated limb.
Our clients choose BL Claims Solicitors to handle their surgical amputation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to personal injury, which means that BL Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
- You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset
0844 620 6600 Would you like us to call you back?
Related Knowledge & Resources
Sam Ward discusses how being a nurse has helped in her role as a Clinical Negligence Advisor. Read more about Sam's role and how her knowledge and experience benefits clients looking to make a clinical negligence claim.
Our client had a fall in a hospital which led to a lower knee amputation. She contacted BL Claims and our Clinical Negligence team helped her make a claim against the Trust. Click here to read about the case and the outcome.